The all-new BMW 2 Series Coupé, which made its world premiere last week, will arrive in Australia at the end of 2021.
The new model opens a new chapter for the BMW brand while continuing its rich tradition of sport-focused compact models that began 55 years ago with the legendary BMW 02.
The new 2 Series Coupe seamlessly brings together an athletic design, powerful engines and highly sophisticated chassis technology to deliver an engaging driving experience.
Components and technology sourced from the new BMW 4 Series combine with the model-specific development program to lay the foundations for outstanding performance attributes.
The new model features a BMW TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder engine at the top of the line-up and fitment of BMW’s advanced xDrive all-wheel-drive system. The latter marks a first for the 2 Series Coupé model.
As well as notable gains in dynamic prowess, the new BMW 2 Series Coupé also offers a premium cabin ambience and cutting-edge innovations in the areas of operation and connectivity.
Advances made over the predecessor model are also reflected in the availability of a wider range of sophisticated driver assistance systems.
Local specification and pricing
The all-new BMW 2 Series Coupé will launch in Australia with a high level of standard equipment features.
details are as follows:
- TwinPower Turbo in-line 4-cylinder petrol engine
- 8-speed Steptronic Sports transmission with gearshift paddles
- Auto Start/Stop
- Electric power steering with Servotronic
- M Sport Package (M Sport multifunction steering wheel, Sport Seats, Alcantara/Sensatec upholstery, BMW Individual headliner in Anthracite)
- M Sport Suspension
- Variable Sport Steering
- Driving Assistant
- BMW Head-Up Display
- Parking Assistant (inc. PDC front and rear, Rear View Camera, Automatic Parking Assistant and Reversing Assistant)
- Live Cockpit Professional including 12.3-inch instrument cluster and 10.25-inch BMW operating system 7.0 display and Intelligent Personal Assistant
- Digital Radio (DAB+)
- Stereo speaker system, 6 loudspeakers (100w)
- Connected Package Professional inc Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Wireless charging for smartphone
- Through-loading system
- Storage Compartment Package
- Ambient lighting
- M interior finishers Aluminium Tetragon
- LED headlights and taillights
M240i xDrive: $89,900*
Includes all standard specification from the 220i and adds the following:
- M TwinPower Turbo in-line 6-cylinder petrol engine
- M Sport Brakes
- M rear spoiler
- Adaptive M Suspension
- 19-inch M Light alloy wheels double spoke 792 M Bicolour Cerium Grey matt
- Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function
- Electric Glass roof
- Comfort Access inc. BMW Digital Key
- Leather ‘Vernasca’ Upholstery
- Electric Seat Adjustment inc. driver’s side memory function
- Lumbar support, front
- Heated seats, front
- Illuminated M highlighters
- Adaptive LED headlights inc. High Beam Assistant
- harmon/kardon surround sound system, 14 speakers (464w)
Source: BMW Australia